What is the Bod Pod?
The Bod Pod © is a scientifically proven air displacement test that accurately determines metabolic rate, body composition and body fat percentage. The Bod Pod © is considered the gold standard of body composition measurement with similar accuracy to that of hydrostatic (underwater) weighing albeit easier and faster to perform.
A full test requires a total of 10-15 minutes and provides highly specific and accurate results for each participant.
A Bod Pod’s high level of accuracy allows participants to detect changes in body fat, metabolic rate and lean body mass and can be used to measure the success of your current nutrition and exercise program.
How can The Bod Pod help me?
Body Composition is one of the best indicators of overall health. The Bod Pod © helps to screen for obesity, aids in the ability to gain or lose body fat safely and provides feedback that allows participants to better monitor their athletic performance and weight loss strategies.
How Do I Prepare for My Test?
For best results, it is recommended that each participant:
- Refrain from consumption of any food, drink, or exercise for a minimum of 3 hours prior.
- Removes all jewelry and glasses.
- Do not apply any creams or lotions on the skin prior to the test.
- Uses the washroom prior, if necessary.
- Schedule subsequent visits under similar conditions (ex. same time of day, the same amount of fasting time, same time of monthly cycle for females).
- Wears minimal, form-fitting clothing such as spandex style swimsuits or single-layered compression shorts (no padding or underwire bras for females).
- Wears provided swim-cap to compress any air spaces found within the hair.